Sugar Feather Farm offers some very exciting opportunities! Our consultation service is a one-on-one discussion via the phone, in person, or online video with Fowl Guru, Nicolle. Consultations are pre-scheduled and available on a call back basis. You would click below by using our booking system where you can arrange convenient day and time and pay for the service as well.
All about The Fowl Guru: Nicolle , aka The Fowl Guru, has been raising animals for over 20 years, and a self-trained fowl expert. She has education, trainings and background working with Poultry Scientists, Fowl Nutritionists and Fowl Breeder Mentors and Experts. She is a founder and owner of Sugar Feather Farm LLC, mother of 5 children and a consultant for Civil Engineering firms. Nicolle is a Certified Vermont Master Composter (intern) and volunteer for several charity organizations. She is a contributor, donator and member of The Livestock Conservancy and Pavlovskaya Conservation Association East Cost Director. Sugar Feather Farm is members of the following organizations and contribute volunteer time to all: American Poultry Association, Ayam Cemani Breeders Association, Guinea Fowl Association, American Pastured Poultry Producers Association, Vermont Bird Fanciers, Faverolles of the USA, Vermont Beekeepers Association, The Marans Club and Marema Club of America. She also volunteers in her community regularly and provides mentorships and internships for special needs individuals and students.
Chat with the Chicken Matchmaker
We can offer consultations for all of the following areas
Consultations can cover many areas. Check out some examples
- How do I take care of baby chicks?
- Do they need supplements, what kinds of feed? Heat? Light?
- Is my housing right?
- How do I introduce new birds to an existing flock?
- Ducklings? How are they different then chickens? When can they go outside? Can they swim? What kind of feed? Housing?
- Explaining your setup and us helping you customize it. We are the fowl matchmakers!
- Anything related to guineas. How to feed? Keep them on the property? What they need nutritionally to thrive?
- Any unusual behaviors? Are they sick?
NOTE: we are not Veterinarians. Our advice is based on our education and experience. If your flock needs immediate attention please seek advice from the Chicken Doctor, Peter Brown