Sugar Feather Farm is reaching out to give you an order update. We have been working hard on your order and the time is getting close. This email is being sent you to remind you to get ready and prepared for your new arrivals. This email does not mean the order is ready. As the shipping day becomes closer you will receive another email and text message that your order is ready to ship. That email will include instructions on what to expect.
We recommend you get your supplies needed (feeders, waterers, incubator, etc). We can assist with recommendations, check out our tips and tricks for success. We use daily the Oregano Oil in the water and suggest you start your birds off and continue with that product for optimum health. Check out our blog article here on why it is so amazing. In addition, we recommend our own feed line at the farm, our birds have been raised on this feed and are used to it. This feed is fresh non-GMO fowl feed for all the fowl types we carry; nutrition, health, and overall well-being is important. You can order that on our website in 10b and 20lb increments.
Important Shipping Information
When we ship, you should receive an email with tracking information. Many times this email goes to spam, so please check. All orders are USPS processed as Priority Mail or Priority Express depending on what shipping method is selected by you on the order. We do the fastest, safest shipping possible.
When the order arrives at the Post Office, they will call for pickup. This goes for hatching eggs too. For the fowl, we have supplied a comfy box and padding with plenty of travel save feed/water. When they arrive open the box at the post office to make sure they are ok, if not take a pic right away and report to the Postmaster and have them file a USPS claim. This should not happen but just in case of any issues we want you to be prepared. You can leave the box slightly open for fresh air and light if you are able to for the drive home. When you get home give them access to water immediately, then a couple hours later some food, hydration is critical. For hatching eggs see our egg incubation guide for tips.
Reminder to check out our care guides.
About your ship day of the week:
- Tuesdays are the estimated SHIP date (not the arrival date). Expect your live animals to arrive 1-3 days after they have been shipped, and for hatching eggs for Priority Mail up to a week and for Priority Express 1-3 days. Keep a flexible schedule the week of your scheduled shipment so you can pick your fowl up as soon as the Post Office calls you.
What to expect on my shipping day:
- We know that you are excited to receive your order, but shipping day is extremely hectic for our small crew. We have a strict schedule to follow to meet shipping deadlines. Be mindful of this when contacting us on shipping day. We are generally closed. We will update you on the status of your order when we have an update to provide.
- Please limit your reason for contact to important order corrections or emergencies only (such as correcting your shipping address/phone number, natural disasters, etc). Once orders are finalized in the morning we cannot make any adjustments, even in the event of an emergency, so contact us as soon as possible.
- If we cannot ship your order for any reason, we will notify you via email or text/phone
- Tracking information: we do not have your tracking number available until we print shipping labels. After your order has been entered into the USPS system, you will receive a shipping confirmation email that includes your tracking number.
- Make yourself available on your scheduled ship date by phone or email so we can contact you if necessary.
- Keep in mind:
- We are selling our fowl based on what we predict will hatch several weeks/months ahead of time. While we try to be as accurate as possible, we can guess wrong. We monitor laying and hatching trends to predict any shortages before they occur, but we often do not know until we have our final counts on ship day. If the possibility of having your order rescheduled is a concern to you, please let us know so we can discuss options prior to your ship date. We cannot bump your order ahead of other customers, who are also waiting patiently for their order, but we can work with you to see what changes can be made to the order, such as substituting breeds, in the event of a shortage.
Have all of your supplies ready before you pick up your fowl.
Need help getting prepared?
Reach out to the fowl guru, she can help you get all setup and answer all those questions
you have. She wants you to be successful in your journey and all situations and circumstances are different.
Thank you for being a part of the Sugar Feather Farm family.