Hatching Egg Care Page – Shipped Eggs
- Unpacking the eggs – carefully unpack the eggs remove all wrapping. If there are cracked or broken eggs, discard. No matter how good we pack this could happen unfortunately.
- Put them big end up and pointy egg down in an egg carton and let them rest for 12-24 hrs. This is for several reasons. They need to temperature acclimate. We recommend storing them in a 60-65 degree area. The air sac can detach when shipped.
- We also suggest after that resting time to put them in the incubator and not turn for a day (24hrs).
- We don’t recommend candling the eggs till day 7-8. The first week is critical for development and candling can compromise growth and development.
- See the PDF version of this with more information and printable.
Egg Care Info Guide 1
Egg Care Info Guide 2