Join the Crew!
We are a Vermont based family-run farm founded in 2018. We have this career page looking for people that want to gain experience working on the farm and be a part of our exciting team.
Sugar Feather Farm is a farm operating in West Berlin (Central), Vermont since 2018 We are a unique farm in that we raise rare, heritage and unique breeds of fowl for consumers as hatching eggs, babies and teenagers. Our family farm takes a wholistic approach, animals are allowed to express their natural behavior – reducing stress and resulting in healthier, higher quality products. Our mission is to save and maintain these breeds so they simply don’t become a memory. We work closely with Poultry Scientists and top Fowl Nutritionists in the Industry to provide the latest information to our consumers. We are not just your typical seller, we care about each bird here and our customers. Each customer is part of the family and is provided help with their birds for life! Our staff is also part of our farm family. We make many in-house value-added products like honey, fowl feed and other items. We sell our fowl locally and all over the USA and strive to build meaningful relationships with our customers, our fellow farmers, and our community. Farm work with integrity gives meaning and importance to all that we do, even the little details. We are a team of dedicated, hard-working individuals who support, teach, and learn from each other every day. We hope you will apply to join us this coming season and take part in fulfilling our mission to our animals, our environment, and our community!
We are seeking a part-time person who loves to work with fowl of all kinds. You will work closely with management and take special care of the different kinds of fowl we have here on the farm. Some duties could include:
- AM/PM duties – feeding, watering, cleaning, egg collecting, housing management.
- Light record keeping for individual breeds
- Supplement and nutrition management (basic)
- Assist with the babies and hatching eggs area.
- Spending time with each breed to assess behaviors, interactions and possible issues. This is fun because you get to just hang out and mingle. This builds strong bonds with the birds and trust.
All training provided and you are guaranteed to learn!
Hours: Flexible on hours per week.
Shift: AM and/or PM shift available
Terms of Employment: Unpaid intern
Term: Feb, 2021 – August, 2021 (with potential extension)
Position Location: Remote
Sugar-Feather Farm is looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern for multiple projects.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Deliberate planning, strategy, and goal setting
Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a career in social media and marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on a distributed team.
- Ability to take direction, but also to find solutions independently.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
- Gain expertise in marketing under one roof.
- Collaborate with and learn from experts.
- Set your own hours and work from home.
- Convert internship into course credit hours??
How To Apply
Send your resume, a letter of interest, and one reference to Contact@sugar-feather.com.Subject “Sugar Feather Internship/Career”
or “Farm Assistant”
Please answer the following questions:
1. Tell us about yourself and why you want to farm.
2. Why did you seek out Sugar Feather Farm?
3. What are your skills that would be useful for us to know applicable to farm work
4. Your availability – start and end dates.
We will accept applications until positions are filled. We will require an in person interview at our farm as part of the application process for the Farm Assistant, remote for the non-onsite positions.
We look forward to hearing from you!